What is NowType
NowType is a Markdown editor with WYSIWYG(What You See Is What You Get) style.
Several extention of markdown is adopted, such as mathematical format with LaTeX.
The source code of NowType is opened under the MIT License.
Cross-Platform Desktop Application
NowType runs as desktop application on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
To build for these Cross-Platform OS, Node.js and Electron are emplyied.
Binary apps download from:
- Microsoft Store for Windows 10 (free). App from the Microsoft Store is not blocked by smart screen because it is provided with code signing certificate.
- Github release (free)
NowType runs on modern web browsers. The operation on the following browsers are confirmed:
- Microsoft Edge(Legacy), on Windows 10
- Google Chrome, on Windows 10, Mac OS and Linux
- Mozilla Firefox, on Windows 10, Mac OS and Linux
- Microsoft Edge(Chromium), on Windows 10
- Apple Safari, on Mac OS
where, the Internet Exploper is not supported.
How to write markdown text on NowType?
Manual for writing is shown in "demo" page. Please try demo.
But, sorry. Now I prepare manual in only Japanese language.
Source code, Author, and License
NowType is open source project. You can find repository in Github.
License of source code is MIT License
Copyright (c) 2019-2020 Atsushi M. Ito
- NowType and developer do not collect any personal information or privacy-related information about user.
- NowType and developer do not collect information of keyboard typing by user.
- NowType and developer do not collect the information of files opened by NowType.